WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are the volatile liquids that are distilled from plants. This can be from the stem, bark, leaves, roots, flowers, seeds or the fruit of the plant.
The extracted essential oil contains volatile aromatic compounds that are by their essence the plants natural defence mechanism, protecting them against animals that may want to eat them, insects, mould, fungus, viruses and bacteria.
These potent essential oils can be up to 50-70 times more powerful than herbs, they’re safe, they’re effective and are an affordable natural alternative to synthetically made remedies sold to us by big pharma.
WHY WOULD YOU USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils not only smell DIVINE but they have so many fabulous uses! They can replace most of your household cleaning products and have wonderful therapeutic benefits for your body and soul.
And the BEST part is… they’re LOW TOX!!
Check out some of these great things you can do with Essential Oils in your family’s home <3
- All-purpose cleaner: Add three drops each of lemon oil and tea tree oil to a few ounces of warm water, then spray countertops to naturally disinfect.
- Kill pests: Spray orange essential oil and clove oil to kill pests on contact.
- Eliminate mold: Add tea tree oil to your diffuser to kill mold and other pathogens in the air. Add 1o drops to a cup of water in a spray bottle for cleaning the shower.
- Freshen up the bin: Put a piece of newspaper with a few drops of lemon and tea tree oil or add to a cotton ball and pop in the bottom of the bin (under the liner) to help decrease odours and detoxify.
- Clean kitchen smell: Add a few drops of clove, cinnamon or citrus essential oil to a simmering pan of water to get rid of cooking odors. The citrus will also help clean the pan!
- Bathroom freshener: Put a cotton ball soaked in lime or lemon oil behind the toilet for a bathroom refresher.
- Get rid of shoe smell: To remove the smell from shoes, add a few drops of tea tree oil and lemon oil to freshen them up.
- Cleaner dishes: Add a few drops of lemon oil to the dishwasher before washing for a spot-free rinse.
- Natural first aid kit: Makeover your medicine cupboard and create a family first aid kit with essential oils of lavender, lemon, peppermint, tea tree, oregano and frankincense.
- Yoga and Pilates: To relax during yoga or meditation, inhale lavender or sandalwood before class. Also, mix clove and citrus essential oil to clean yoga mats.
- Calm an upset child: Help sooth and calm children by adding lavender or chamomile to their favourite stuffed animals.
- Heal dry cracked feet: Add three drops of lavender oil to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply to the feet at night and put on some socks. Will also help you get a fab nights’ sleep!
And these are just a snippet of the millions of uses for these beautiful essential oils!
Got a question? Complete the form below and I’ll chat with you 🙂
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’AstiMary.com Enquiry’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]